http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/lifestyle/living-well/ Adventure Woman Blog: Fishin' - but catch'n nothin'!
The Official Blog of AdventureWoman.com


Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fishin' - but catch'n nothin'!

Spent Saturday trying to catch some fish using my new fly fishing techniques (just took an angling class)but only caught some emerald green moss and a few slimy weeds.

The woman nearby (9 months pregnant) caught a whooper of a fish. Is it technique, luck, karma? I have never understood how fishing really works. After all, we were casting in the same pond and using the same lures.

Perhaps, you have to be zen with the fishing rod and your confidence and positive fishing energy needs to flow down the length of the line and onto the hook; mesmerizing the fish to bite? Who knows?

I associate fishing to playing the lottery. Either the odds of getting a big one are with you or you'll get skunked.

Obviously, there are professional fishermen and fisherwomen who have that 'something extra.' This magical and mysterious quality that appears to lure the fish in like they're the "Pied Piper" of angling.

There is an elegance to fly fishing casting and this I enjoyed (when my line wasn't tangled in the trees). And the beauty of throwing a great cast occasionally made up for my lack of catching any fish.

God doesn't count your time on Earth when you're fishing anyway...

So I ate peanut butter and jelly instead of having a fish fry. But the sandwich was good, and I had a good day of fishing - in spite of catching no fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment