http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/lifestyle/living-well/ Adventure Woman Blog: Adventure Woman loves Skydiving!
The Official Blog of AdventureWoman.com


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Adventure Woman loves Skydiving!

Skydiving the great adventure!

Have you ever dreamed of skydiving? If you did, you're not unlike me or thousands of other people. I have wanted to try skydiving for the last 20+ years but I have never garnered the courage to actually JUMP!

Finally, on a trip to Las Vegas I decided to finally give it a try. Let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart.

The worst part is boarding the plane and ascending higher and higher and higher and higher and higher... Well, you know what I mean. Finally the cars and buildings look like the proverbial "ants" on the ground.

When I fell out of the plane I think I thought I was about to die. It is difficult to breathe at that altitude and it took me by surprise (as I had never thought of it previously).

Once you get used to falling it becomes more "exciting" than "frightening." The feeling of "free-falling" is amazing and thrilling. When the parachute eventually opens you begin floating (now secure in the knowledge you're going to live)and it is just fabulously beautiful. I felt like a bird - butterfly- kite twisting and turing in the air. The adventure was surreal and so much fun. Yes! Fun!

When we landed on the ground it was like jumping from a chair. Actually, probably not that much impact. It was a graceful ending to an insanely adventurous experience.

I loved every minute of it.

For a great adventure try sky-diving, Find a reputable place and take the JUMP! Check out my YouTube video - and get a small taste of a BIG experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment